About Team USA
This is our 2-day on-snow program for the committed skiers in Grade 7 and 8. The goal for this age group is to improve endurance, improve technique, and begin participating in a consistent race/event schedule. Racing is not a requirement, however it helps build a skier’s confidence and illustrates the greater world of skiing outside of Woodstock. Both classic and skating equipment is required for this group! Dryland practice takes place 1 day a week and one day of hiking on the weekend.
Head Coach: Gretchen Czaja, email@example.com
- $350 ($325 Program fee + $25 NENSA membership)
- Thursdays @ Woodstock Elementary School starting November 1st, 3:15pm-4:30pm and Saturday Family Fun Hikes
- Thursdays and Fridays (3:15-4:30pm) (weekend races or travel to ski events) starting when snow is available
- Both skate (shorter) and classic (longer) skis (length determined by height and weight of skier)
- 2 pairs of poles (skate reaches to bottom of lip and classic reaches to top of shoulder), 1 pair of combination boots
- 2 pairs of bindings
- Please reach out the other families for used equipment, especially classic skis. We can help with your equipment needs, please ask!
All skiers must purchase a Woodstock Nordic Center discounted team season pass for $75 paid for when the center opens for the season. This pass allows skiers access to the facility and trails all season long. Trails need proper grooming and maintenance for safe skiing and this is what this pass covers. We encourage skiers to ski as much as possible outside of practice to develop basic ski skills.
NENSA Membership fee
- $25 of your registration is for your New England Nordic Ski Association membership. NENSA works to keep youth skiing thriving in New England and organizes many regional events including the NE Bill Koch Festival. We send the membership fees in for you. Please visit their website for more details www.nensa.net