The All-Mountain Ski Program
The All-Mountain Program is for kids ages 10-13 (born in years 2004 - 2007) that have solid skiing experience and are ready to improve their skills on the entire mountain.
All-Mountain meets every Saturday and Sunday. We encourage you to register for the full program (2 days per week) as the coaching staff believes this is the best way to ensure meaningful development of your child. However, we do offer a 1-day per weekend option for kids that may be involved in other activities.
Training emphasizes fun and focuses on all-mountain free skiing, age appropriate drills, mogul skiing, tree skiing and introduction to ski racing. Our goal is to develop their skills to ski the whole mountain well, master all snow conditions, and continue to build a foundation for a lifetime of dynamic skiing.
All-Mountain participants are eligible to compete in the Masters of the Mountain events. These events emphasize fun by including many different types of skiing: racing, freeskiing and moguls. We host one event at Suicide 6 and there is usually at least one more at a local area such as Whaleback.
Alpine Development Coaching Staff: Jason Merrill & others TBD.
- 10-13 years old (DOB: January 1, 2004 - December 31, 2007)
- $495 for Saturday & Sunday each weekend January 6 - March 11
- $395 for 1 day per week
Suicide 6 Pass:
- Alpine Devo participants are expected to have a Suicide 6 season pass.
Dates & times:
- Weekends January 6, 2017 – March 11, 2017.
- We train 9AM-2PM with an hour break for lunch, usually 11 AM - Noon, though this can vary. Important: The kids are on their own and unsupervised for lunch.
- You can expect at least 2 Masters of the Mountain events, both on weekends.
Pre-Season Dry land training:
- All-Mountain participants are invited to attend in pre-season dry-land training on Sundays beginning with the ‘Dry-Land’ Kickoff Cookout on November 5. It’s a great way to meet other Ski Runners members.
- Properly fitted ski helmet and goggles
USSA & VARA Licenses:
- USSA & VARA membership is not required for participation in Alpine Development
Parent Work Obligation
- 1 event during the 2017/18 Season