A message from the President
Members of Woodstock Ski Runners,
I am excited to announce that Ski Runners has been awarded a $1925 Ski Racing Safety Grant by the Kelly Brush Foundation, a non-profit committed to improving safety in our sport around the country.
We are committed to the safety of every one of our racers. To make our venues as safe as possible, we’ve committed to even more safety training for coaches and staff and to purchase 15 rolls of new b-netting. To help us get there, we submitted an application earlier this summer for assistance from the Kelly Brush Foundation. This award is a confirmation of our commitment to improving safety.
If you are unfamiliar with the Kelly Brush Foundation, they are a Vermont-based non-profit that was formed after Kelly Brush sustained a spinal cord injury while racing for Middlebury College in an NCAA GS in 2006. Since then, they have succeeded in changing the culture of safety in the sport of ski racing. Every year racers ski countless venues with improved safety because of them. We’re happy to include our hill among those beneficiaries.
They are able to do this because of generous support from the ski community and beyond. As thanks for that generosity and commitment to our athletes, I hope you consider making a donation, however large or small, towards their biggest fundraiser of the year, the Kelly Brush Ride: kellybrushfoundation.org/kellybrushride.
They also have a few upcoming events around the country, including:
· Kelly Brush Ride – September 8, 2018
· Inspire!SanFrancisco – October 18, 2018
· Killington World Cup Après – November 24, 2018
· Inspire!Denver – January 31, 2019
· Inspire!Boston – March 28, 2019
You can learn more about their mission and their events at kellybrushfoundation.org.
If you have any questions about our safety plans for this upcoming year, I’m happy to engage in that dialogue. Hope you are enjoying your summer and see you in the fall!
President, Woodstock Ski Runners
2018 - 2019 Board of Directors
- Stephen Hambsch, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Adams, Vice President: email@example.com
- Claire A. Walton, Treasurer: CAW@libertysquare.com
- Melissa Gebhardt, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Galton, Development: email@example.com
- Sam Mundel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skip McKee: email@example.com
- Biria St. John: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Mahood: email@example.com
- Jason Merrill: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Koop: email@example.com
- Chris Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org